Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Weekend In Review/Take ‘em Back Tuesday

Hey guys. Weekend-in-Review, the abridged version.

I spent a lot of time with The Bison. Friday we went to dinner and to see SAW V. It was aight, but we were both confused so when we got out of the movie we went to Blockbuster and picked up SAW IV to watch at my house. We didn't end up watching the movie but not for reasons you'd think. We got into a mini argument when he made two stops at 7-Eleven. I got mad that he stopped to get condoms because I figured it meant he was going to down that wayward path of trying to get some and bounce. He was like I don't know how many ways I can tell you that I'm not these other dudes you were messing with before me. Fair enough. We kissed and made up and I let it go. But he still ain't get no nooky. At least not that day. LOL.

Saturday was work at the part time. I was supposed to go to a party, but after getting my Halloween costume and roaming around Target for randomness I just decided against it. Sidebar: I love how Halloween is license to, as Kayellejaye put it, "slut it up guilt free." We should get more of those holidays. I'll consult my local Congressman.

I thought The Bison was gonna come back over and chill with me, but he didn't and I was too tired to protest.

Sunday I ran some errands and then The Bison came over and we finally got around to watching SAW IV, which I thought was better than the new movie out.

On to the Take 'em Back Tuesday, which this week will serves as a public service announcement and thus is dedicated to all the men out there who want to approach me when they’re hanging out one on one with a woman. Please don’t do it. If you want to meet me, or any woman for that matter, go out with your boys or alone. I don’t care if she is your friend, sister, cousin, brother’s wife, brother’s baby mama, god-sister, auntie’s co-worker from her part time job, it’s just not a good idea.

Learn from this situation. Back in June out of boredom I went to a lounge solo. I’d heard it was a nice lil spot for a Friday night and it was free so I said why not. I got there kinda early (to take advantage of the free admission) and as I expected no one was really in the spot. There were about 12 people in the spot: myself, a group of girls that were either celebrating a birthday or just out for happy hour and the staff. But like I said it was mad early so I expected that. The DJ was banging, played some 90s R&B that I hadn’t heard in a while, so I decided to wait it out.

Around 11 a few more people started trickling in. First another group of girls, then a dude who was rolling solo, and finally a guy and a girl. I was sitting off from the bar. I didn’t really feel like drinking and I had to drive anyway. So I was chilling. I bopped to the music some more, people watched and then I noticed that the dude that had come in with the girl, lets call him Dunkin’ Donuts--because he should have backed back from a few of em--was all eyeing me up. He was about 5’10, 250, wore glasses and had a somewhat receding hairline. None of which sparked any interest on my part. Anyway I thought to myself, how disrespectful. I would hate to be with a guy who has a wandering eye, and he was so not being slick about it.

I start texting so pass more time as I wait for people to come. Next thing I know Dunkin’ Donuts had swooped down from the bar, has abandoned his company, and is now by my side. Like I said earlier Dunkin' Donuts is not exactly my cup of tea, but I’m always nice so I answered all his questions with a smile but tried to not appear interested. After telling me that he’s about ten years my senior (35) and that chick he was there celebrating his sister's birthday he retreats to the bar.

I go outside to take a phone call, and when I come back in Dunkin' Donuts is motioning me over to the bar. I'm all confused--like what this Negro want. I go over and he's like oh I wanted to introduce you to my sister. *RECORD SCRATCH* Yes. What in the ham sandwich? So I look over to the sister, and say hi how are you doing. She says hi and is not friendly. But hey I guess I wouldn't be that friendly either if I was celebrating my birthday alone with my damn brother. But that's an entirely different blog.

The whole thing was so uncomfortable and brings me back to my original point. Do not try and holla when you are out with another woman.

4 comments:

The Black Russian said...

oh my!!!!!! he sounds like he was a bit on the sad side....how are you gonna try to pick up a girl with your sister??? lame!!!!!!!!! glad you had a good weekend

Dave Van Buren said...

hey we had this convo. If I'm chilling with you and my future ex walks by I'm leaving. don't worry I'm coming back... lol

kayellejaye said...

I agree...unless I'm that other women he's with. I usually make a great wing woman.

dejanae said...

lolll