Thursday, October 9, 2008

101 things about me

This is probably more than you ever wanted to know about me, but read it anyway. LOL.

1. I’m 26.
2. I’m black.
3. I’m female.
4. I have five sisters and 1 brother.
5. I met three of those sisters for the first time last year.
6. None of my siblings are full blood to me.
7. None of that matters to me.
8. I’m a momma’s girl.
9. I haven’t met my bio dad even though he lives in Md.
10. He wants to meet me but I keep saying I’m not ready.
11. I don’t know if I’ll ever be.
12. I was born in Brooklyn, NY
13. I grew up in Decatur (where it’s greater) Ga.
14. I was the valedictorian of my high school.
15. It helped me get scholarships,
16. I came to the DMV to go to Howard. Go Bison!
17. The city sucked me in and I haven’t left yet.
18. I live in Silver Spring now.
19. I moved there after my roomy left me to go to law school.
20. We used to live in Largo.
21. I’m a Congressional reporter (people always seem fascinated by that), that's why I always have that random "I should consult my local Congressman" line.
22. I did ask him to approve this list.
23. I write because I’m happy, I write because I’m free. (thanks Sojourner Truth and Phyllis Wheatley!)
24. I started a novel.
25. I haven’t gotten past the prologue.
26. My favorite color is purple.
27. I love cheese.
28. I put it on almost everything.
29. It’s the reason I can’t lose weight.
30. I’m a vegetarian nine days at a time when I try to lose weight.
31. I need to start that up again.
32. I haven’t been to the gym since August.
33. My jeans can tell.
34. When I feel fat I only buy shoes, handbags, and accessories (they always work no matter what size I am.)
35. I love costume jewelry.
36. I’m a MAC girl.
37. I love old school R&B.
38. I always have random song lyrics in my head.
39. I quote them in all kinds of conversations.
40. I don’t have cable.
41. I buy DVDs instead.
42. As much money as I spend on DVDs I could have cable.
43. But I’m not home enough to watch it.
44. So I’ll just get those digital TV converter boxes.
45. I need two of them.
46. I’m waiting on my coupons from the government to buy them.
47. They will save me $40 per box.
48. I like saving money on things.
49. I have a hard time saving actual money.
50. I need to be better at that in this economy.
51. I wonder if anything is left in my 401K?
52. Doesn’t matter, I’m riding it out like Suzie Orman says.
53. I’m young I have time to regroup.
54. My favorite movie is When Harry Met Sally.
55. I’m such a sucker for romantic comedies.
56. They make me cry every time.
57. I cried the other morning watching a segment on Good Morning America of Robin Roberts’ breast cancer when Diane Sawyer brought her Popeyes on the last day of her treatment.
58. I love Popeyes—but I’ll only get the spicy kind.
59. It’s hard for me to choose between the red beans and rice and fries.
60. It normally takes me like 20 minutes to pick something off a restaurant menu no matter how many times I’ve been there.
61. When I’m at home and I can’t decide what to eat I don’t.
62. I like to cook.
63. I make a great sweet potato pie.
64. My mac and cheese is off the hook.
65. I make it from scratch, no Kraft box shit in my house.
66. I actually live in an apartment.
67. My rent goes up next month. FUCKERS.
68. Most men in my life fall in the FUCKER category.
69. That’s why I started my Random Negro Stories File.
70. I can’t wait to meet the man that doesn’t warrant one of those blog entries.
71. I’mma jump for joy.
72. I often jump too quickly.
73. When I meet a new guy that I like I start thinking of our “how we met story” for that B.I.O. column in the Washington Post Express.
74. I love that column.
75. It used to be the highlight of my Fridays.
76. I’d eagerly grab one from the Express men at the Metro.
77. But I hate holding the paper after I’m done with it so I don’t pick it up anymore.
78. I also like that Wash Post column Date Lab. (HE-LAR-EEE-US stuff)
79. I’m addicted to blogs.
80. I like looking at photos of myself.
81. I get a new weave about once a month.
82. I have microbraids at the moment.
83. I don’t know why I got them because I don’t like them.
84. I’m deathly afraid of pigeons.
85. I’m scared they're gonna shat on my head.
86. I don’t like animals in general.
87. My boss at my PT gig adopted a monkey for me.
88. I’ve recently grown fond of Moscato.
89. I mix it with ginger ale for a wine spritzer.
90. Yes I know that’s ghetto.
91. No I don’t care.
92. I mix most of my alcoholic drinks with ginger ale.
93. My favorite though is a bonecrusher.
94. When bars don’t have bonecrushers I get a zombie.
95. I ended up in the drunk tank at Love after too many blue muthafuckas.
96. I’m sort of a belligerent drunk.
97. I talk mad shit.
98. I’m pretty sure I can’t back it up.
99. I’m only 5’2.
100. I weigh…
101. Hahaaha you didn’t really think I was gonna put that on the Internet did you?

8 comments:

William H. said...

lol @ 98..

bet u didnt think on one to read allllll those huh...u never kno whos reading lol. :)

Organized Noise said...

Just passing through. We have a few things in common. #6, #12, #27, #28, #37-50, #55, and #62.

Yes, I read them all too.

G. Mo said...

Aiiight aiiiight.... Howard U. Alum here, so daps on that. Silver Spring resident also, but tryna bounce outta Mo County.

At Popeye's those are the two I love, so I just order an extra... every time.

I've had a pigeon sh*t on my head... inside of a damn Costco warehouse.

As far as sweet potato pies go, I'm sure yours are aiiiight. But ummm...I'm the kang!!! We should do a DMV blogger bake off or somethin'... lol

Oh yeah... I found ya blog via my man Leon

Peace & Love

Sha Boogie said...

LMAO@ #92 and 96!

Gurl, bye!

CocaColaCutie said...

@ william h, you're right you never know who's reading, but you are all welcome!

@organized noise- you might be my blogmate

@g.mo- Go Bison! Maybe I'll see you around the yard next week; oh and I just may have to try that sweet potato pie recipe out.

@sha boogie, i know crazy, huh.

Dave Van Buren said...

I'm scared that I knew most of this.

John "JP" Pickens said...

NICE ENTRY

dejanae said...

alas
some of this crap i did know
lol