Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Weekend In Review/Take ‘em Back Tuesday

Hey folks! Welcome back! Warning. Long post, but I have a lot to tell yall.

My weekend ended Sunday night because Congress decided to meet with some economic advisors on Monday and I was assigned to track down what came out of all that. What better way to celebrate Columbus Day (a federal holiday, that I was supposed to get off) than to work? I can think of a few that I’m gonna get with my local Congressman about.

In exchange my bosses let me take Friday off. So my weekend started Thursday night! Yay! I was actually supposed to go out with The Mason, that night, but that didn’t work out. I’ll fill yall in tomorrow on why I’m done with that bamma. I ended up getting asked out by this new dude (who I haven’t come up with a name for yet, so we’ll just call him New Dude for the sake of this post).

We went to this Thai restaurant Sala Thai. We ordered “shrimp tempura” as an appetizer which turned out to just be fried shrimp which was fine. But they threw in other fried vegetables like broccoli. Who fries broccoli? That’s some ghetto shit. Oh and it was nasty. I tried to be experimental and get some red curry shrimp but what came out was indeed red and curry flavored, but the texture resembled something pureed and I had to send that back.

By the time my replacement Pad Thai came I wasn’t even hungry so I just took a few bites and wrapped the rest up for leftovers. Score! Lunch for Friday! I hadn’t been to the grocery store in a minute so this was a good thing. After dinner he took me home and walked me to my door. I hate the end of first dates because you always have that awkward moment. Like should I hug him, kiss him, or what? We ended up hugging and finished with a small peck (no tongue!)

Friday morning I woke up and went to Ross to search for something cute to wear this weekend. It’s Howard Homecoming. I tried a few things on and I did get a cute dress. But I was so irritated with my hair that I went up to the beauty supply store in the shopping center up the street from my house and I discover that they have a salon in the back. I ask how much to rectify the crap on my head and since their price doesn’t give me a heart attack I agree. I felt bad about the $200 that I wasted on those braids, but I’m feeling plump and there’s no reason to feel fat and ugly, so the braids had to go.

They get to taking out my braids. By about ¾ way through I realize that they’ve chopped off more than just the weave and have wacked off a good two or three inches of my hair. I was hurt at first, but then I let it go thinking maybe this is the catalyst I need to really go through with going natural. Besides no one is going to see my real hair for a long time anyway.

Saturday was low key. I slept late and caught up with some TV online. Thank you Hulu! New Dude invited me over for a Blockbuster Night. Since we already had a real date I wasn’t as vehemently opposed to the idea as I normally would be. It definitely felt like more than him just trying to get some and here’s why:

A. He wasn’t just trying to bum on my couch. He picked me up (from the boonies of Silver Spring) and we went to his place in Fort Washington. That’s a lot of driving just to get a lil boo-tay. Most dudes just be trying to plop their asses on my couch before they pull the D out.
B. We actually WENT to Blockbuster. It was fun actually walking around and selecting a movie and chatting with the Blockbuster staff. We picked up Forgetting Sarah Marshall and he bought me this gigantic bag of peanut M&Ms.
C. He bought dinner. It was from this place that was pretty much an upgraded carryout, but it seemed pretty nice. I mean they had seating and a bar, but the “Paninis” that we ordered I swear were nothing more than grilled cheese sandwiches that they threw some grilled chicken on. That bread was definitely not Ciabatta.
D. He didn’t get mad when I fell asleep. I’m kind of a narcoleptic, or maybe it was just the itis from that grilled cheese with chicken sandwich, but I fell asleep during the movie. The parts I saw were really funny. I’ll try to find that online so I can watch the rest of it.
E. He got turned on while we were cuddling, but he “adjusted” and said, “It’ll pass.” That’s certainly not something you hear very much from dudes these days. I gave him some later that night off the strength of his willpower. That and the fact that I might be a bit of a horny toad.

Sunday was blah. I went grocery shopping and waged war against some fruit flies that decided to try and take up residence in my apartment. I did get these amazing purple boots that I’m going to rock this weekend.

Oh and here are some pics from that blogger meet up. Enjoy!





On to the Take ‘em Back Tuesday portion, finally. Back in June I was on this whole I’m going out on my own and I’m gonna meet me some men kick. So one Friday night I got dressed up in these shorts, stilettos and a cute shirt that put the cleavage on display and drove out to this lounge in Bethesda. I went to the bar to redeem my free drink tickets and had a martini.

As I’m sipping my drink I wanted to kick myself for placing myself between what I thought were two couples. The “couple” on my left were a young pair and the one on my right were a bit older. I looked over at a table of seemingly available men and admonish myself for not going over to that corner of the bar. But I sit tight and the older couple on the right gets their drinks and move on. Great now there’s open space for men to stroll up and opportunity to strike up conversation. No luck. The next set of bar dwellers is a group of three girls. I need them to move because they are decreasing my chances of meeting an eligible bachelor.

I glance back over to my left and I notice that the male half of that younger “couple” is eying me up. I’m like wow. That’s rude. A few moments later I glance back over and the chick is gone. He catches my eye and starts talking to me, asking if it was my first time there and what not. I’m thinking to myself, “Is this dude really gonna try to holla at me while his girl is in the bathroom?” but I’m playing polite and keep talking. He then offers up that it was his first time at the spot too and that his “friend” brought him there because she wanted to go out and didn’t want to go out alone. Then he starts complimenting me on my appearance and the fact that I’ve come out alone. He’s cute so I’m feeling all flattered right. But then he divulges that he’s 22 and has a like a two year old son. Then I’m feeling all cougarish. But I still I end up dancing with him and giving him my number. He left after a while but I stayed and met more people.

The next day Lil Daddy calls and invites me out after work. I agree and we meet up in downtown Bethesda where we met. We were gonna go to another lounge in the area. We get there and paid $20 each to get in only to discover that it was some sort of Nigerian night and they were only playing international music. So not the business. So we left. We were going to check out a movie, but we’d already missed the last show so we just walked around downtown Bethesda instead. After a while my feet started to hurt so we went back to our cars and he’s like well we could go to my spot and watch this Katt Williams special. I agree and we get in his car and head to his house.

So we get there and of course you know as soon as he popped in the DVD I was knocked out. We woke up the next day and watched Sanford and Son reruns on TV Land and cuddled up in bed. Sometime around mid-afternoon we start hearing banging on the door. He lives with a roommate so at first I thought it might have been him locked out or something. But when he doesn’t make a move to go see what’s up I start to get suspicious. The banging moves from the front door to his window and now I’m like what the hell is going on. For five minutes straight he let’s this banging go ignored. So finally I’m like aren’t you going to see what that is. He’s like yea I already know who it is. But he still doesn’t move. So I say, “Well who is it?” He casually answers, “My baby mama.” Keep in mind there’s still banging going on as we’re having this conversation. I’m like you need to handle that. He’s like I don’t feel like dealing with her today. I say to him, “You can’t just leave her standing out there. What if there’s an emergency with your son?”

Finally Lil Daddy gets up, throws on some sweats and heads out to deal with his baby mama. I can hear them yelling at each other but can’t make out exactly what they’re saying so I turn the TV up to drown out the noise. He was out there for about 40 minutes and I’m in there trying to figure out how I can get out of there before this chick goes psycho and tries to storm in the house. But considering that we’re in Gaithersburg and my car is in Bethesda I’m trapped. So I just ride it out. Eventually Lil Daddy comes back in and is visibly angry and muttering about how he didn’t want to go out there because he knew it was going to be nothing but arguing. So I ask him what they were arguing about and he’s like she wanted to drop his son off but she didn’t check with him first.

Then it hits me. It’s friggin Father’s Day! Of course she was going to try and have their son spend some time with his father on the day nationally designated for that kind of thing. Duh! He said that he was going to pick him up later, but I’m still astounded that he’s sent her away and goes back to business as usual. Lil Daddy pulls out this carryout menu and orders food for the two of us. Afterwards he takes me back to my car and I drive home thanking the Lord that things didn’t go any worse.

4 comments:

Dave Van Buren said...

Sounds like an eventful weekend. Dude was crazy for driving all that way though. I'd be one of them dudes plopping on your couch.

kayellejaye said...

I had fried broccoli the other day. It was so good, but so wrong. LOL.

That Father's Day episode...my story is sooo similar except ole girl wasn't dropping off a kid, she was yelling and screaming thru the door that she was pregnant. Turned out to be a lie of course.

E2Deep said...

I can tell you have stories for days!!!!
Just like dave said I've would've slept on the coach...he forgot to say "and I would’ve pulled out the D" lol
The pics came out well!!!
Where is lounge spot in Bethesda?
Lil daddy story was too funny…Did you ever talk to him again?

CocaColaCutie said...

@superdave- trife

@kayellejaye- girl i don't know where you had yours but that broccoli was one the the worst things i've ever put in my mouth. i can't deal with these crazy baby daddies, but at least lil daddy's baby mama actually had a valid claim on his time.

@e2deep-i do have stories for days. i need to write a book. i'mma add you to the trife list right along with superdave. anyway the spots we went to were juste lounge and blu lounge. funny thing is i think i conjured lil daddy up by writing that blog. he called me the day i posted this blog.