Thursday, August 7, 2008

Random Negro Stories File: Cyber Stalking

Sometime last week I got a random friend request on Facebook. I had no idea where I could have known this chick from. The little blurb they show you on Facebook says she’s from ATL. So am I but I’m certain I don’t know this girl from my childhood. I’m thinking maybe I know her through this message board I belong to, but the name and face are not ringing a bell. So then I check to see who we know in common. The only person we both know (at least on Facebook) is my favorite random Negro: Friendship and Fun. Interesting.

So you know the wheels are turning in my head. I’m like out of all of his 1,500 some odd friends, how did this chick find me? And furthermore why is she interested in knowing who I am? But then I think back to the “I made it back safely ☺” message that I posted on his wall after I came back from Chicago. I guess to an outsider that could denote some sort of more than friendly relationship.

Now, I’m not gonna be all self-righteous and act like I haven’t done my share of cyber stalking, but I’ve never gone as far as to send a friend request to a chick to check out who dude may or not be dealing with. I do have some sense of shame. Anyway, after some consultation with a few of the members of my male roundtable, I send chick a note asking her who she is. She doesn’t respond.

So yesterday I’m talking to Friendship and Fun and I tell him, "Oh I think this girl is trying to cyber stalk you through me." He asked, "who?" I couldn’t remember chick’s name so I looked it up on Facebook and told him. He was like oh I know her through this Greek message board, but she’s from Atlanta so how would she know you? Good question. I mean I am from Atlanta (by way of Brooklyn, NY) but as I said I’m sure she’s not someone I know from elementary, middle or high school and I’m not Greek, so that eliminates that circle. Then he reveals that she likes him and has offered up the booty. So it’s all crystal clear.

I wonder how many of the other girls posting on his wall got friend requests? I should start a Facebook group and ask my local Congressman to try and get us in the witness protection program. But it’s kind of flattering to be on the other end of a cyber stalk mission. Ha! People wanna know who I am! And I’m cute…shooot! This is kinda cool. I feel like I’ve upped my hater count by at least one. But like Katt Williams says, I gotta get five more before the summer is out, LMAO!

5 comments:

E2Deep said...

Yooooo...I've had a random friends request also. I know sometimes people randomly request people because they find them attractive but this felt different. I chatted with her to see where her head was at and I can tell she was lying. I did my research on her (it was that serious) and I found out her 2best friends were lies also because they all shared the same pictures...and they all had a few friends. I still don’t know who she is but I just know someone maybe getting caught up.

PS I know the pictures of her are not really her!

Young woman on a journey said...

lmao. this is mad random. who would do that. i mean i've had friends get messages on facebook like "we are fucking the same guy." but not as far as friend requests. he's not telling you the whole truth. something in the milk ain't clean and i think that he's done more than just get the offer for the booty.

I had a random relationship spur from facebook...random and i don't think it'll happen again. i figure if people do it on myspace (which i boycott), Facebook can't be that bad.

um..e2deep...that story was too deep. lol.

Coca Cola...we must be kindred spirits. that's what i've found in the blog world...people just like myself, doing the same ish, and dealing with the same ish. Good to know someone in this here milk ain't clean chocolate city who understands what i'm talking about.

CocaColaCutie said...

e2deep, look at you getting your private investigator on, lol

young woman, at this point i don't care if he's telling me the whole truth or not...i keep him around for the stories lol

and like attracts like...the blog world really is such a small world...

Dave Van Buren said...

lol@male roundtable

this is why all my shyt public. If you want to know you should ask. Otherwise you can just make up your own shyt.

Nina J. Green said...

ha, that happened to me once. An ex boyfriend's wife had the nerve to request me as a friend on myspace. When I coyly asked where I knew her from, she says, that I looked exactly like someone she knows and now realizes it's not the same person. Bullshishery!!!!! It's hillarious because she and her husband live in a place that's such a dead give away that she was cyber stalking. Guess she wanted to find out more about the woman before her... it was strange though. I had to laugh.