Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dream Analysis: Sneaker Thieves

This morning I woke up kicking. I kicked the shit out of the three or four purses laying on the edge of my bed. The thud woke me up from a dream that I was being jacked for some Polo sneakers. Cute ones too—white canvas with red trim around it. In the dream I was around middle school age, but the shoes being taken from me are ones I own now. Stop right there: No I haven’t had them since then.

From what I remember, I was at Payless trying on some sandals. I took one side of my sneakers off and walked away from it to go look at how they looked on my feet in one of those lil mirrors on the side of the bench where you sit down to try your shoes on. When I came back yall my shoe was gone. I’m like who the hell would steal one side of a shoe?

So I go looking around the store and come up on a girl who reminded me of those sneaky girls in middle school. You know the ones that look like they’re always up to something. I go up to her and ask if she knows what happened to my shoe and she’s like I don’t know what you’re talking about, with a smirk on her face. Ah hee hee hell. That bitch had my shoe. I just knew it. But I walk away. So then somehow both of my shoes are gone and I end up with these fugly Reeboks.

I walk around the store some more and see the same girl with my shoes, so I snatch them back from her. I put them on and take off running out the store. However, homegirl sent these two kids that were with her after me. One is a tall mannish looking girl and the other a tall skinny dude. So anyway they catch up to me, lift me up and try to snatch the shoes off my feet. So I started kicking and that’s when I woke up.

Sidebar: I actually went to middle school with my jackers in real life. The man-girl (who happened to have a thing for stealing) I recently saw on Facebook, but the dude, he was a total random reappearance.

That was some crazy dream and I really felt like it had to mean something more than me just losing some shoes that I didn’t even owned when I was in middle school.

So here’s what the good folks at DreamMoods.com think my dream meant.

Robbery
To dream that you have been robbed, denotes that you are experiencing an identity crisis or you are suffering some sort of loss in your life.

These people might be dead on. Lately I’ve been wondering what the hell it is I want to do with my professional life. I mean I love to write and covering Congress is cool and all, but I think I really need to get started on the novel(s) I’ve been kicking around in my head for the past few years. As for the loss part, maybe it’s the loss of my potential relationship. Boo!

Running
To dream that you are running away from someone, indicates an issue that you are trying to avoid. You are not taking or accepting responsibility for your actions. In particular, if you are running from an attacker or any danger, then it suggests that you are not facing and confronting your fears.

I don’t know what this could mean. Maybe it’s all going back to not yet getting started on those novels.

Kick
To dream that you are kicking someone, represents suppressed aggression that you are unable to express in your waking life.

Ok. Now I love the Dream Moods people. I’m still pissed about Iraq standing me up. That day I wanted to throw plates and glass and shit around just to hear them crash, but I thought to myself, who the hell is gonna clean all that shit up? So I didn’t. Coincidentally I took the Monday, after our date was supposed to happen, off and my friend suggested that we go on a rampage and just slap random people because that couldn’t get us into jail for very long. I almost called my local Congressman to see if he could draft up a quick resolution to make that ok, but I just ended up sleeping most of the day away.

Sneakers
To see or wear sneakers in your dream, suggests that you are approaching through life with ease and little obstacles. It also denotes comfort and satisfaction with yourself and who you are. Alternatively, the dream indicates that you lead an active life and is always on the go.

They were on a roll until now. I wouldn’t exactly say that my life is at ease. But I guess I do live an active life. I have two jobs. I hang out with my friends and I have been traveling a lot this summer. Ok. Dream Moods people. You get your kudos back.

3 comments:

Nina J. Green said...

Dreams are a trip. I keep dreaming about my ex, and I'd really wish it would stop. He's already invading my waking thoughts all the damn time, can I get some friggin rest??? Please. I'm going to have to check out that website.

Dave Van Buren said...

hhhmmm maybe you should just stop shopping at payless? But the slapping random people idea sounds like fun.

One Man’s Opinion said...

I think the dream has everything to do with you seeing man-chick on facebook and it bringing back bad memories. So there!