Monday, August 25, 2008

The Date That Went Well

I finally have something positive to blog about concerning a man. So I figured I better write this blog while I still have something good to say about him. LOL.

I had a really nice date on Friday. Gasp.

One of my eHarmony/Myspace searches came up fruitful. I messaged him told him why I was contacting him via Myspace rather than eHarmony. It helped that he had initiated contact on eHarmony, so I knew he was at least somewhat interested in me. He took my outreach (which some of you may think of as stalking) in stride, said he thought I was cute and was interested in getting to know me. Yay!

A little about this guy: he’s 27, a Mason (so we’ll call him The Mason), and went to a technical school in upstate N.Y. and works in IT. No kids, non-smoker, social drinker.

So we chit chat, message each other and are seemingly getting along well. This goes on for about a week. So one day I send him a message with the subject line “Congratulations The Mason, you are the winner of a brand new...” and the message said, “message from me. LOL. How are you doing?”

He wrote back, “Man, and I was hoping for a brand new...big wet kiss.”

I write back, “Hmmm, how will you ever win that if you don't ever ask me out?”

That's right I went for it. I mean if eHarmony thinks we're a match and we're having good myspace conversations then why aren't we getting this show on the road?

He says he does really want to see me but that his schedule is pretty much devoid of free time at the moment. He asks what my schedule is like and after a little back and forth we agree to meet up on Friday to go bowling. He said he had some meeting that he had to go to so 10 o’clock is the earliest we can meet up. I agree because I’m really interested in meeting this guy.

However our agreed upon time leaves me with a big gap of time to fill since I decide I’m not going to trek all the way home and have to fight to make it back out to D.C. So I head to Pentagon City to Zales to get a necklace I got for Christmas fixed. I walked all around Pentagon City, ended up at the Marshalls and Borders across the street from the mall, but time is being cruel. It seems like the clock is ticking backwards. So I ended up taking Super Dave’s suggestion to go see The Dark Knight. It was outstanding! I was never so glad to be in a two and a half hour movie.

Sidebar: I know I’m hella late and this may sound crazy, but those of you who regularly read this blog should come to expect this kind of thing from me. I think it’s a good thing that Heath Ledger died after his role as the Joker. He was way too convincing. Like I had a hard time remembering that there was a real man under all that makeup. I have no idea how he was going to acclimate himself back to the real world. So RIP Heath. You were amazing.

But back to my original story. It’s quarter to 10 and The Mason texts me that he’s on the way. Yay. About 20 minutes later he says he’s looking for parking and by quarter to 11, we’re face to face.

We get to Lucky Strike and they tell us the wait for lanes is an hour and a half. No dice. He asks me if I’ve eaten. I tell him how I’ve done everything in the world waiting for this date to start but eat, so we end up going to Friday’s. We had good chemistry. No real awkward silences and we kept each other laughing with various commentary on randomness and dating stories. Y’all know I have plenty.

We finish up our meal and then head to another bowling alley. It’s closed. At this point it’s a little after midnight so our options for continuing the night are pretty limited. I suggest going to a lounge or something and he says ok, but we can’t decide which one is good on Friday nights or if it’s worth going so late. So we’re driving by the National Mall and I suggest walking around the Washington Monument and scaring white people. He says he’s all about it. Insert awwwww here.

So we park and start walking up and a white guy and girl are passing us by on bike. I say boo in their direction in a kinda low voice, but dude doesn’t back me up. So I nudge him and he’s like what. I’m like you didn’t back me up. I thought we were here to scare white people. He’s like aww my bad, you caught me off guard. We walk over to the benches surrounding the monument, sit and talk and instead of scaring white people we make up stories about them.

It’s a really fun game. I’m going to start watching C-Span with the TV on mute (sans closed caption) and make up what my local Congressman is saying. It’ll probably be better than what he’s actually saying.

Anyway at the Monument, there was this one lady had this huge camera and was taking pics of the bottom bricks, so we dubbed her an archaeologist and said that she was going to take the evidence back to her lab and announce some discovery at a press conference next week. LOL.

We stayed there for a while, but then he had to use the bathroom, so we left and he took me home. On the way he kept looking at me and said with some what of an amazed voice “Your face is so clear.” I was like thank you I work hard on that.

Anyway we get to my house and I let him use the bathroom. We stood at my door for a minute and he had that same look on his face as he did in the car, so I ask him what he's thinking. So he says I'm thinking about how I have really attractive lips and how you're not supposed to kiss on the first date. I say to him, “Who said that.” Then he leans in and kisses me and it was really nice. He left and I hopped in bed.

A few minutes later I get a text from him saying, “It was tough leaving.” I let that go unanswered. The next day I woke up and saw he had sent another text like 30 minutes later, saying he was curious to know if he could have stayed. I responded later in the day saying I don’t think that would have been a good idea. He asked why and I said I’ve been down that road and I don't like where it leads. He said he didn't want sex, but he was just enjoying my company and didn't want to leave...hmmm...I don’t doubt that he really enjoyed my company, but I didn't trust myself to not let things go down so he had to go. We’ve texted since then and are trying to figure out when to go out next. Yay!

3 comments:

Dave Van Buren said...

wait did you just mention me in 2 straight posts? *happy dance*

that is all... lol

John "JP" Pickens said...

Good stuff triple C

Ceecee said...

Cool...so we need an update...what's new- where are the new posts? :o)