Monday, November 17, 2008

Weekend in Review/Winter Bunning

Happy Monday peoples! I had a pretty good weekend.

Saturday I had to work from home to cover a press conference President Bush did after the G-20 finance summit. I wish I had been covering President-elect Obama though. Hmm…I wonder if I can get my local Congressman to try and push up the inauguration date.

So since I was working from home I took the opportunity to clean up a little do some organizing. Every time I start in on such a project I think to myself, man why I do I let it get this bad? I almost gave up and called in Clean House, but I don’t want them to make me sell my shoes and handbags.

Later that night, The Bison and I went to one of my male friend’s birthday party at Strike Bethesda. It’s funny how he agreed to go but on the way he starts asking all these questions about the nature of the relationship with myself and said friend. Wanting to know if we had dated or whatever, so he would know what kind of situation he was walking into. But what if I had been some trife girl and was taking him to some crazy, jealous ex’s party? I guess he trusts me.

The party was great. I bowled like a 47, but I felt like one of “them.” The girls I always envied for having their man around to take care of stuff. The Ones who all they had to do was show up and be cute. I could get used to this. LOL.

Speaking of getting used being one of "them", I swear, as the temperature dips so does male apprehension to bunning up—marking the beginning of Winter Bun Season. CocaColaCutie’s web dictionary—the abridged version—defines Winter Bun Season as the time of year characterized by high rates of boo/wifey up-dom. Generally begins at the first dip in temperature below 50 degrees Fahrenheit and marked by several changes in facebook statuses from “single” to “in a relationship.”

I swear collectively they are singing in their heads:

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the fire is so delightful
And since we’ve no place to go
REMIX!
Let us bun, let us bun, let us bun.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year! Well maybe. Maybe I can get my local Congressman to push up the time for this season like they did with Daylight Savings Time. (Ha! Two local Congressman references in one blog! I’m on fire! LOL). If you’re normally single during this time of year like I am, you can expect to be hit with texts, IMs, and phone calls from Random Negroes looking to save on their gas/electric bills. Hmmm, maybe I should have thought about that before I paid that revised version of that gargantuan gas bill.

But seriously I swear my almost-taken status has only heightened Winter Bun Season for me. We haven’t even seen a hint of snow and I’ve already been hit up by a few former potential boos.

The Trainer
hit me up apologizing for how things went down. He was the one that ended up dodging my calls and texts and then finally told me that he was kinda, sorta, maybe talking to his ex-gf. He was acting like he wanted to go out on Veterans’ Day, but I had to work. The Mason has been trying to keep himself in the mix. Last night he told me he was going to plan a weekend getaway for us. I won’t hold my breath.

2 comments:

Dave Van Buren said...

The Bison wanted to know if he walking into a fight. hey shyt happens, you'd be surprised the semi-shady stuff women do.

kayellejaye said...

I'm Winter Bunn'ed up and loving it! We have officially labeled ourselves "Very Special *close* Friends". Ha!