Monday, May 11, 2009

Random Negro Stories File: The Gawker

Hey Peoples! I'm falling back in love with my blog so you guys get a new story. Yay!

I thought that my booedupdom would mean the beginning of the end of the Random Negro Stories File, but I now realize that as long as I am a woman I will continue to encounter random Negroes. This is great! Well at least for the blog.

Anyway, so Friday I inadvertently ended up kicking it with my BF (who will from now on be called The Boy) and his friends. We were just supposed to kick it for a minute after I got off work and then he’d take me home before going to go hang out with the boys.

We ended up doing all this running around and by the time we got around to getting something to eat it was too late for him to take me home before heading to the movies with his friends. Sadly KFC was the healthiest fast food option and we had to bypass one because the line was off the chain. I blame Oprah and her damn free chicken coupons.

Finally, after picking up two of his friends and making a pit stop to his house and the bank, we make it to the movies. He introduces me to the friends I hadn’t met previously and we settle into our seats.

After the movie one of his friends, who we’ll call The Gawker, is all like I can’t believe The Boy has a girlfriend. He’s like I’ve got to take a picture, because no one is going to believe this. So he pulls out his camera phone and The Boy and I pose for a picture. A little later we’re walking back towards our cars and The Gawker says out of nowhere—and all out loud—“And she got body.”

I, equally as loud say, “Wooooooow. Really.” The Boy, who was at my side gets behind me and says, “Stop looking at my girlfriends ass.”

I was stunned. Like really, not only are you ogling your friend’s girlfriend but you do it out loud—not only in earshot of your boy, but his girl too. I need y’all to weigh in on this. I hope in the 25 subscribers to this here blog, some of y’all are men. Help me out here. Aren’t there Man Laws against this? If not, let’s get my local Congressman to work on this.

5 comments:

Saule Wright said...

I have Corey Holcomb quotes on deck because he is right 99% of the time. In his words "No man wants a woman that no man wants." I brought a GF to Christmas dinner and my brothers were gawking her body out loud and frequently...both of them are married. I've been in situations where I've introduced a new girl to the fellas...and they gawked loudly and frequently. I've never been the gawker, but I guess as long as you keep your hands to yourself, it's all good.

Young woman on a journey said...

love that you blogged! :-)

um...the gawker is mad inappropriate and it began with him saying he couldn't believe the boy had a girlfriend. wtf is that supposed to mean?

@ saule, i knew no man wants a woman that no man wants, just didn't know ass comments in front of her was okay. you learn something new everyday!

EmberRose said...

It depends on the guys. Some dudes are cool with it. Some are not. MY fiance would have punched him in the mouth and let that be that.

Trish said...

Yay more blogs! I think that bf's friends always seem to play some kinda role in relationships. I do think it was rude that he said that but I'm sure your bf smiled proudly, like yeah, thats ALL me!

CocaColaCutie said...

@ Saule, I don't dispute that no man wants a woman that no man wants, I just thought there were man laws about voicing that appreciation out loud.

@young woman, i was a lil confused by that comment too, but i shrugged it off bc the boy's last relationship ended over a year and a half ago

@sacred and trish, yea the boy was beaming. lol.